[zeromq-dev] Cross compiling - uuid

BLOTTIERE Paul paul.blottiere at fr.thalesgroup.com
Wed Aug 17 14:27:25 CEST 2011

Hi,

I spent yesterday trying to cross-compile zeroMQbut with a compiler for powerpc (my embeded system). The development host is a Debian installation. Note that I already use ZMQ on the same computer but not in cross compiling, and I didn't have any problem.

So, in order to make cross compiling, I configure again zmq (after a 'make uninstall'):

./configure --prefix=/home/moi/local --target=powerpc-linux  host=x86_64-linux CC=<..>/bin/powerpc-405-linux-gnu-gcc

And I have the line following whereas uuid-dev is installed :
"checking for uuid_generate in -luuid... no
configure: error: cannot link with -luuid, install uuid-dev."

In the config.log, I have the same error and I saw it was trying to find libuuid in the /lib of my compiler's folder so I made a symlink :
ln -s /lib/libuuid.so
ln -s /lib/libuuid.so.1

After a new ./configure, now I have in the config.log:
"checking for uuid_generate in -luuid... no
configure: error: file not recognized : File not recognized."

Would you mind helping me please?

Regards.

Paul