[zeromq-dev] Switched from 2.1.7 to 3.0.0alpha, XREP to XREP now communication Fails

Rodolfo Narciso Duldulao Jr. rduldulao at chikka.com
Wed Aug 17 13:40:16 CEST 2011

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Hi Rodolfo,

  > The PyZMQ page says no code changes necessary so basically all I did was
  > change to 3.0.0a. I've tested REQ-REP, REQ-XREP and these setup seems to
  > work just fine. I've written a testing code which flows as follows:

  Can you check with 3.0 head (git at github.com:zeromq/zeromq3-0.git) and
  use ROUTER instead of XREP? There's an unreleased patch there that
  should make ROUTER fully compatible with 2.x XREP semantics.

  I will try this out tomorrow when I resume.  Just a clarification though - in the current python binding (pyzmq), there is no zmq.ROUTER.   Please excuse my ignorance also,  but I'm quite new with Git and its lingo :).  I've checked out the current zeromq3 source and I'm getting the following in MSVC++:

Performing Pre-Build Event...          1 file(s) copied.  Compiling...  zmq.cpp  <path>\zeromq3-0\src\zmq.cpp(595) : error C3861: 'wsa_error_to_errno': identifier not found