[zeromq-dev] ZMQ_IDENTITY

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Sat Aug 13 17:23:47 CEST 2011

Hi Patrick,

> What happens to the identity "attribute"? today i update my repositories and
> try to compile everything again, but this features seems to have
> disappeared...

What repository are you using?

The libzmq master is now at version 4.0. IDENTITY was removed, after
quite a lot of discussion, on email and on IRC.

I'd really not recommend using the libzmq master unless you
specifically want to track the development version and you know what
you're getting.

Here is a road map: http://www.zeromq.org/topics:planning

I'd recommend using the git://github.com/zeromq/zeromq2-1.git master,
or git://github.com/zeromq/zeromq3-0.git if you specifically want the
3.0 changes.

See http://www.zeromq.org/docs:3-0-upgrade for those changes.