[zeromq-dev] ZMQ_IDENTITY

Chuck Remes cremes.devlist at mac.com
Fri Aug 12 20:32:29 CEST 2011

On Aug 12, 2011, at 12:59 PM, Patrick Marques wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What happens to the identity "attribute"? today i update my repositories and try to compile everything again, but this features seems to have disappeared...
>
> Regards,
> Patrick Marques

Patrick,

please search the mailing list archives for the past 3 months. There has been a lot of ongoing discussion regarding the elimination of IDENTITY from 0mq 3.x and later.

This particular feature was causing the core devs quite a bit of trouble when adding new features and functionality. A request was posted here (and IRC) multiple times asking for business cases that required this feature.

There weren't any cases that couldn't be solved using other means, so the feature has been eliminated.

cr