[zeromq-dev] Android support in 2.1 master

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Thu Aug 11 17:48:09 CEST 2011

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 5:34 PM, Mikko Koppanen
<mikko.koppanen at gmail.com> wrote:

> what do you mean --build and --host won't do it? You should be able to
> cross-compile using autotools by setting up android cross-compilation
> toolchain and using correct --host.

That's what I assumed, but adding an 'android' target and then using
'--host android' just gives:

checking host system type... Invalid configuration `android': machine
`android' not recognized
configure: error: /bin/bash config/config.sub android failed

This is what I added to configure.in:

+    *android*)
+        AC_DEFINE(ZMQ_HAVE_ANDROID, 1, [Have Android OS])
+        AC_CHECK_LIB(rt, sem_init)