[zeromq-dev] .NET port

Steven McCoy steven.mccoy at miru.hk
Sun Aug 7 16:28:35 CEST 2011

On 7 August 2011 21:06, Martin Sustrik <sustrik at 250bpm.com> wrote:

> One thing I don't understand about IOCP is how it notifies the user that
> TCP transmit buffer is full and more data can be sent and how it later
> notifies you that there's free space in the buffer and you can send more
> data...

With zero-copy IOCP your buffer *is* the TCP transmit or receive buffer.
 When you have a call outstanding then you could consider the buffer full,
when you have no call then it is empty.

General consensus is one outstanding transmit and one or more receiver
buffers should be waiting.  So you have to decide how this fits into the 0MQ
scheme of handling things.

--
Steve-o