[zeromq-dev] ZeroMQ on AIX

gonzalo diethelm gdiethelm at dcv.cl
Sun Aug 7 04:36:55 CEST 2011

Hi Martin,

I don't have a "public" AIX box; I will have to see about building and testing my own version of 0MQ.

The strategy is that the clients will generate all the relevant data in separate files, each identified by a UUID (to provide unique identities without depending on a central resource). It is this UUID that is sent to the server, to notify it about the need to process a file. The server will wake up periodically anyway and will process any pending files, so the messages could be skipped altogether; they will be used to lower latency. Based on what you say, I think it makes more sense going with a high HWM on the server. This is also the reason why I think I will stick with version 2.1.x.

Thanks for the direct pointer to the UUID code; it will come in handy.

Best regards.