[zeromq-dev] .NET port

Fil Mackay fil at pobox.com
Sat Aug 6 15:01:06 CEST 2011

OK - I can see the value in IOCP-ing the core library. Anything you have to
give me a primer on the IOCP-related history and issues would be great; I'm
prepared to give it a shot..

Also, I could do a reactive .NET wrapper (Rx and all that).

Now a few questions:

- Would this be done on 3.0 exclusively?
- How would IPC work, would it be named pipes or shared memory? If the
latter, what technique would be used (ring buffer et al.)?
- Anyone here had experience with Disruptor - the relatively new high
performance producer-consumer (Java). I have a dream about this combined
with zmq.

>From what I've read there is a fundamental design issue of interacting with
transports, being either aligned with Unix or Windows (IOCP). Is it possible
to get the best of both worlds; to have zmq structured so the implementation
design varies for these two platforms so you get optimal performance on each
platform?

Regards, Fil.