[zeromq-dev] [nzmqt] A new Qt C++ binding for ZeroMQ

JonnyDee jonny.dee at gmx.net
Fri Aug 5 01:55:26 CEST 2011

Hi,

I just would like to let you know that I've re-implemented 'zeromqt'
using ZeroMQ's official C++ binding. It's called 'nzmqt' (https://
github.com/jonnydee/nzmqt) and is a complete re-write which not only
supports PUB-SUB, but also REQ-REP and PUSH-PULL protocol. (Others
might work but have not been tested yet.) There are also samples
showing these protocols in action. For PUSH-PULL I've implmented the
'Ventilator-Worker-Sink' example introduced in ZMQ's guide. It's
officially released under the BSD license. Maybe some of you might
want to have a look.

Many thanks also go to Steve Atkins, who has shared his source code
with us. His work has been a great source of information.

The reason why I did not just fork his work is that I needed to be
sure about the source code license, because I want to use the code
within a commercial project. Furthermore, I wanted to benefit from
ZeroMQ's C++ code and future efforts that might go in there. So I
decided to do a complete new re-implementation.

Cheers, have fun with it,
Jonny