[zeromq-dev] PUSH/PULL over inproc and nonblocking sends

Ian Barber ian.barber at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 10:30:31 CEST 2011

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 6:18 AM, Martin Sustrik <sustrik at 250bpm.com> wrote:

> On 08/03/2011 04:15 PM, Peter Bourgon wrote:
>
> In short, swapping inproc for tcp should not result
> > in a change of behavior, in this instance.
> >
> > Comments? Counter-arguments?
>
> I would say there's no change in the behaviour here, it's just a timing
> issue. There's a buffer on the push side (set to 1) and a buffer on the
> pull side (set to infinite).

Is it possible that this specific case is also affected by the summing of
the HWM? To my eyes, it looks like if either side is set to infinite, the
HWM will always be infinite (so effectively the HWM 1 on the sender is being
ignored):

        if (options.sndhwm == 0 || peer.options.rcvhwm == 0)
            sndhwm = 0;
        else
            sndhwm = options.sndhwm + peer.options.rcvhwm;
        if (options.rcvhwm == 0 || peer.options.sndhwm == 0)
            rcvhwm = 0;
        else
            rcvhwm = options.rcvhwm + peer.options.sndhwm;

Ian