[zeromq-dev] Why is the example code LGPL?

Matt Stump mstump at goatyak.com
Tue Aug 2 00:28:40 CEST 2011

Why is the example C++ code for zguide licensed under the LGPL?
Wouldn't it make more sense to license it under MIT or put it into the
public domain?  LGPL makes sense for something that's intended to be
used as a library, not example code which may be modified then
incorporated into a shrink-wrapped product.  I'll have to go through
and re-implement all functionality instead of copying the bits I need
and modifying the bits that don't work for my use case.  Example code
should be as permissive as possible, because the purpose of example
code is to drive adoption.  My 2 cents, for what it's worth.

--Matt