[zeromq-dev] Does ZMQ "Over Send" Using OpenPGM

Martin Sustrik sustrik at 250bpm.com
Wed Oct 27 12:17:47 CEST 2010

On 10/20/2010 06:31 PM, Steven McCoy wrote:

> Multiple multicast groups are required for scaling up, i.e. reducing the
> recovery burden for each transport, and to take advantage of network
> filtering - splitting the application domain across multicast groups
> such that only a small number are in use by a receiving node at any one
> time.

Yes. That's how I understood it.

Now, there's a problem with multiple multicast groups (getting multiple
copies of messages if port numbers collide). I still don't understand
what it is caused by.

Does it have anything to do with multicast loopback? In other words, if
we disable multicast loopback, will the problem disappear?

If not so, what's the exact scenario that leads to receiving single
packet multiple times?