[zeromq-dev] just checking

Andrew Hume andrew at research.att.com
Fri Oct 22 18:56:15 CEST 2010

as i refactor and simplify my distributed application design,
i kicked my toes again on an ugliness and just wanted to verify
that it still exists:

there are multiple publisher processes (PUB), spread over multiple
servers
(not necessarily one-to-one).
there are multiple subscriber processes (SUB), spread over multiple
servers
(not necessarily one-to-one).

using tcp transport, is it still the case that every subscriber needs
to know
the tcp port number for every publisher?

thanks

Andrew Hume  (best -> Telework) +1 623-551-2845
andrew at research.att.com  (Work) +1 none currently
AT&T Labs - Research; member of USENIX and LOPSA