[zeromq-dev] ZeroMQ application design questions

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Fri Nov 19 09:06:31 CET 2010

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 3:44 AM, Marc Demierre
<demierre.marc at lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:

> It works but it is not really scalable and I would like to totally avoid
> threads calling methods of other threads and setting attributes.

Don't do that, use inproc to send messages between threads.

> Any advice on how to do this with ZeroMQ ?

We don't usually do your homework for you here... :-)  Unless it's
particularly interesting.  Start with a small mockup, try different
patterns until you find what works, then build that out.  There's no
substitute for learning this yourself.

> A second thing: I wrote most of the programs of The Guide in Python. I
> can't contribute them now but I will as soon as my internship is
> finished (my boss allowed me to give it under my name after the end of
> my contract). Where should I send them and how (pastebin, attached to
> email, my Dropbox public folder, ...) ? I will do it in the beginning
> January.

Make sure you have the latest git master, then send a signed-off patch
to this list, following the rules for 0MQ contributions (see
http://www.zeromq.org/docs:contributing)..