[zeromq-dev] problem building pyzmq

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 01:19:11 CET 2010

On 2010-11-13 17:25 , eric wrote:

>>      The good news is that I finally got cpython installed and was able to
>>      install pyzmq.
>>

>> That's good to hear. Did you have to somehow get cpython separately? If
>> so, the cython list should probably be notified that their code isn't
>> installing properly.
>
> Separately from what? All I know is that things weren't compiling, then
> I tried to use pip to install cpython but that didn't seem to fix
> things, so I tried easy_install, and now things work.

Just to clarify for everyone, I think you mean "Cython" instead of "cpython". We
often use "CPython" to refer to the standard Python interpreter implemented in C
(as opposed to Java's Jython or .NET's IronPython). This is distinct from the
Cython package, which provides a tool for writing extension modules for the
CPython interpreter. That one letter is quite important. :-)

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco