[zeromq-dev] problem building pyzmq

eric eric at ericjbell.com
Sat Nov 13 20:38:11 CET 2010

I've actually understood the difference between 0MQ and the PyZMQ
binding project.

I just figured out that 0MQ is on 2.0.10, whereas PyZMQ is 2.0.8 ... so
when MinRK referred to PyZMQ's upcoming 2.0.10 release, I got the
version numbering mixed up which version number was referring to the
core and which was referring to the Python binding.

What I am still confused by is something I read somewhere about
requiring Cython *IF* you are doing PyZMQ development, implying that I
don't need Cython if I am not doing PyZMQ development. Since I
downloaded a stable release of 0MQ, it seemed to me that I didn't need
to have Cython, but it appears that I do.

--eric