[zeromq-dev] SUB socket hangs after some time (Joshua Foster)

Mike Perik michaelperik at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 11 05:21:28 CET 2010

You may want to look at the patch Marc Rossi submitted either yesterday or
earlier today for the very same problem.

I'm running it on OS X with 2.0.9 and I haven't seen the issue yet. I'll
compile 2.0.10 and see if it happens later tonight. Not sure if this  affects
it, but numMessages should be volatile since you have multiple  threads
accessing it. If you want the ability to restart the subscriber  without losing
messages, be sure to set the identity. Also, are you  running both pub and
client on the same machine with tcp://127.0.0.1?

Joshua