[zeromq-dev] Possible OpenPGM bug in git repo

dv dv at pseudoterminal.org
Sun Nov 7 12:16:53 CET 2010

ifconfig tells me that multicast is enabled for eth1, but not for lo.
With purinrecv, I always get the same result, which is pasted below.
One interesting thing is the first line - it always appears, does it
mean anything? :)

(eth0 is another NIC that is not in use at the moment; for my test
program, I used eth1.)

$ ./ref/debug-Linux-x86_64/examples/purinrecv -i

??? ???
Info: #1 name lo (lo)
----                                                scope 0 status UP
loop YES b/c NO  m/c NO
Info: #2 name eth0 (eth0)
----                                                scope 0 status DOWN
loop NO  b/c YES m/c YES
Info: #3 name eth1 (eth1)
----                                                scope 0 status UP
loop NO  b/c YES m/c YES
Info: #1 name lo (lo)         IPv4
127.0.0.1                                      scope 0 status UP   loop
YES b/c NO  m/c NO
Info: #3 name eth1 (eth1)     IPv4
192.168.178.14                                 scope 0 status UP   loop
NO  b/c YES m/c YES
Info: #1 name lo (lo)         IPv6
::1                                            scope 0 status UP   loop
YES b/c NO  m/c NO
Info: #3 name eth1 (eth1)     IPv6
fe80::219:d1ff:fe51:6718%eth1                  scope 3 status UP   loop
NO  b/c YES m/c YES

Oh, and one other thing I've noticed is that sometimes it takes up to a
second for connect() to finish. Most of the time its done nearly
instantly, though.