[zeromq-dev] [BUG?] Strange freeze in zmq_send call when use ZMQ_PUSH socket

Олег Севостьянов oleg.sev at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 14:00:11 CET 2010

3 ноября 2010 г. 15:55 пользователь Pieter Hintjens <ph at imatix.com> написал:
> I can confirm this happens in 2.1.0 (git master) and 2.0.10 (stable),
> in C.  If you connect a PULL socket to the endpoint, the zmq_send()
> call returns.
>
> So this looks like normal behavior though it's kind of surprising.

No. It's my fail. I don't read manual carefully. Answer is here "When
a ZMQ_REQ socket enters an exceptional state due to having reached the
high water mark for all services, or if there are no services at all,
then any zmq_send(3) operations on the socket shall block until the
exceptional state ends or at least one service becomes available for
sending; messages are not discarded."

--
С уважением,
  Олег Севостьянов