[zeromq-dev] EncryptedSocket added to pyzmq in branch

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Tue Nov 2 19:47:07 CET 2010

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 7:34 PM, Burak Arslan <burak.arslan at arskom.com.tr> wrote:

>> This goes into the "I'd love feature X!" bucket.  The response is,
>> "Great idea, I'm looking forwards to seeing how you do this".
>
> um, 'git rm core/crypto' ?

Yes, of course :-)  But that simply creates a fork.  The real work
with any FOSS project is then convincing people to use your fork, and
maintaining it.

> i also falsely assumed you exercised a more close control over the
> bindings, but that's not really related.

FOSS is like little fluffy birdies, hold them too tight in your hands
and they die.

No, we do not exercise control over any aspect of the project except
those parts we write ourselves, and "we" means every owner of every
subproject.  I.e. you want to own part of 0MQ, you make / improve that
part sufficiently.