[zeromq-dev] EncryptedSocket added to pyzmq in branch

Martin Sustrik sustrik at 250bpm.com
Tue Nov 2 17:02:44 CET 2010

Hi Burak,

> but, i insist that this should be removed from the official pyzmq package.
>
> 1) it's a functionality that core zeromq, nor no other zeromq bindings
> have. you can always maintain your own fork in your own personal github
> account, but the one in github.com/zeromq should only be a pure wrapper
> for the zeromq, nothing more.

Well, Brian is the maintainer of the pyzmq. He can do whatever he wants
with it.

So, I think it's actually other way round: If you want a stripped-down
python binding, you can fork the project and maintain it yourself.

As for the 'zeromq' organisation at github, is has by no means any
formal status. It's just a way to group 0mq-related projects in a
convenient way.