[zeromq-dev] 0mq in Moscow

Martin Sustrik sustrik at 250bpm.com
Mon Nov 1 10:28:05 CET 2010

Hi Ilja,
> A week ago Alexey Ermakov presented 0mq on Moscow
> Highload conference http://www.highload.ru
>
> His report was not very detailed, but enthusiastic. I think Alexey managed to give
> consistent overview and to describe some strong and weak points of 0mq.
>
> The audience was interested and generally friendly. Some people said
> they had experience with 0mq and there impression was negative. I think it is expected:
> personally I evaluated many frameworks and programs, and only small fraction
> became useful and convenient for me.

It would be interesting to know whether the negative impression was
caused by misunderstanding what 0mq is and using it for something it was
not intended for or by real issues with the product.
> The good news is some of these people said they are going to come back
> to 0mq and clarify if it useful having in mind Alexey's talk.
>
> May be Alexey's report is a good step to Martin's or someone else from
> core team visiting Highload'2011 next year?

That would be fun. I haven't been in Russia for ages. Oleg, I see you
are on the conference commitee. What do you think?

Btw is it Russian-only? I do speak Russian but I lack the IT terminology
vocabulary.