[zeromq-dev] a pub with multiple subs starting sequentially

James Yang macinux at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 08:26:31 CET 2010

Hi guys,

I have a  quick design question: Is it possible for a publisher to
send one message subscribed by different subs. But all subs can
receive the message no matter when they connect to the pub.

For example.

sub1 connects to the pub at certain point and receives the message
sub2 connects to the pub five minutes later but it still can receive
the message without being re-published/sent by the pub.

I am asking this because zmq has an internal queue and am wondering
when the message will be removed from the queue even this message has
been read by the first sub.
I tried to write a simple program but it seems once the message has
been read by the first sub and the second one can not read the
message.

I am new to zmq and this question may sound stupid. I would appreciate
if somebody can shed some light to me.

Thanks,

James