[zeromq-dev] Updated home page for zeromq.org

John Skyfox johnskyfox at hotmail.com
Mon May 31 09:57:09 CEST 2010

> Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 09:00:34 +0200
> From: v.mayatskih at gmail.com
> To: zeromq-dev at lists.zeromq.org
> Subject: Re: [zeromq-dev] Updated home page for zeromq.org
>
> At Fri, 28 May 2010 10:04:29 +0200, Pieter Hintjens wrote:
>
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > Here's a draft of a new homepage for the site, aiming to make better
> > use of the space:
> > http://www.zeromq.org/sandbox:start
> >
> > Feedback welcome, especially about browser issues, or things you think
> > are missing.
> >
> > We are making an infomercial (something that explains 0MQ to new
> > visitors) and a tutorial (basically Martin's multithreaded
> > server/client blog entry) for starting users.
> >
> > This is what a content page looks like:
> > http://www.zeromq.org/sandbox:getting-started
>
> Left column looks really ugly. I mean all these ||||, they look very
> inaccurate.

I would like to support Vitaly remark. I am using chrome, and it is hard to read the left column. Why not putting only one item per row in the left column  (it will have the advantage of being easy to read and if later this page is translated into another language, one can still read the same layout, at leastfor a lot of languages).
--John