[zeromq-dev] Debian packaging

Adrian von Bidder avbidder at fortytwo.ch
Fri May 28 06:32:58 CEST 2010

Heyho!

On Friday 28 May 2010 01.09:19 Martin Lucina wrote:

[Debian packaging]

> I'm quite happy to do this, and have been a Debian user for years (since
> 1.x). Not a Maintainer or Developer so you'd have to handle that end.

Ok, so if that's fine with you, the best workflow is you'd ping me if you'd
like to have a new version in Debian.  I'd then check if there are any big
problems with the package, build and upload it.  You should accordingly put
your name as Maintainer in debian/{control,copyright,changelog}

To be worked out: how do I get the Debian source package?  I'm fine to build
the actual debian source package from git if there's a build script for
it[1], or I can just download the source package from somewhere.

cheers
-- vbi

[1]
currently, code from git needs automake/autoconf, while Debian packages are
expected to be based on distribution tarballs.  Running autogen within the
Debian build process has proved to be too fragile.

--
MuMlutlitithtrhreeaadededd s siigngnatatuurere