[zeromq-dev] Explicit patterns

Martin Lucina mato at kotelna.sk
Thu May 27 16:30:04 CEST 2010

sustrik at imatix.com said:
> >> So your view is that there is no need to rename/fixup the socket type
> >> names, that won't make things any clearer...?
> >
> > Yes, definitely.  I think it would confuse the situation.
>
> I agree with Brian.

+1

Pieter, a tutorial with examples is really missing right now so
contributing one will be most appreciated. Provided we can find a way to
get it into AsciiDoc format we can also bundle a version as e.g. a
zmq_tutorial man page with the released tarball.

My objective with the API reference is to keep it very much as a
comprehensive "dry" reference manual. This would be complemented very well
by a good tutorial + cookbook with examples.

Patches to the API reference are welcome! The source is in doc/*.txt in
Git.

I will try to update and clarify the most problematic parts; after all it
was written some time ago when we were still deciding on correct
terminology for the main concepts with Martin.

-mato