[zeromq-dev] Erlang 0MQ bindings

Martin Sustrik sustrik at 250bpm.com
Wed May 26 07:04:53 CEST 2010

Serge,

> Here's the latest version of Erlang 0MQ bindings which is a fork of
> Dhammika's work.

Congrats!

> http://github.com/saleyn/erlzmq
>
> "make docs" generates documentation in HTML format, which is mostly
> taken from this file:
>
> http://github.com/saleyn/erlzmq/blob/master/src/overview.edoc
>
> I don't currently have a hosting site to upload that generated HTML
> documentation to (does github have such an option?).

I don't think so. I can upload the documentation for you if needed.

Also, you may want to update the zeromq.org Erlang wiki page to point to
your project -- at the present it points to Dhammika's code stating it's
"half-baked".

If you do want to do so, create an account (top right corner of the
webpage) and let me know your logic. I'll give you write access to the site.

> Changes include:
> - Many bug fixes.
> - Added support for non-blocking send/recv calls.
> - Added ability to start multiple concurrent Erlang processes
>    owning different 0MQ sockets on one Erlang VM that own
>    different sockets and can do "concurrent" blocking recv()
>    calls without actually blocking any VM OS threads (only
>    a content of the light-weight process doing recv() call
>    is blocked, but many such processes can execute recv()
>    calls concurrently in the context of a single OS thread).
> - Automatic garbage collection of ZMQ sockets belonging to
>    dead Erlang pids.
> - Added overview and documentation.
> - Modified all example programs to run asynchronously so
>    than they can be started easily from a single Erlang shell.

Nice list :)