[zeromq-dev] REQ/REP polling bug in 2.0.6?

Chuck Remes cremes.devlist at mac.com
Tue May 25 20:36:00 CEST 2010

I discovered something a bit surprising to me when doing a test with REQ/REP sockets in non-blocking mode.

The first time a REP socket receives a message, instead of it generating a POLLIN event, it generates a POLLOUT event. Subsequent messages generates POLLIN. Is this expected or is it a bug?

I would try this out on master, but I run into a problem during the configure step.

% ./autogen.sh

# appears to complete without error

% ./configure --prefix=/usr/local

[snip]
checking for stdbool.h that conforms to C99... yes
checking for _Bool... no
checking for inline... inline
checking for size_t... yes
checking for ssize_t... yes
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
checking for uint32_t... yes
checking for working volatile... yes
./configure: line 18278: syntax error near unexpected token `GLIB,'
./configure: line 18278: `        PKG_CHECK_MODULES(GLIB, glib-2.0 gthread-2.0)'
%

cr