[zeromq-dev] Sun Studio on Linux assembler

Steven McCoy steven.mccoy at miru.hk
Tue May 25 15:46:46 CEST 2010

I worked out what format of asm statements work in Sun Studio on Linux,
rather dubious as the compiler doesn't support clobber clauses and hence I
have no idea if it implements a memory barrier.  Oracle only bundle the
correct CRT to link against gcc libraries such as GLib for 32-bit targets so
I cannot actually test on my 64-bit host whether it's functionally correct.
 Considering this and that Oracle recommend linking to so called inline
assembler rather than real inline assembly I'll hold off submitting any
patches.

Seriously how popular are Sun Studio, xlc, Watcom, Digital Mars, or Open64
on Linux?

http://code.google.com/p/openpgm/source/browse/trunk/openpgm/pgm/include/pgm/atomic.h

--
Steve-o