[zeromq-dev] identity bug

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Tue May 25 12:27:31 CEST 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 11:55 AM, Martin Sustrik <sustrik at 250bpm.com> wrote:

>> Are these in the same pattern?  Or do XREQ/XREP form a separate pattern?
>
> Yes. REQ/REP are just XREQ/XREP with some usability sugar added.

"Yes" is a fine answer but it's not clear what question you were
answering... :-)

I assume we cannot mix two sets of socket types, and that devices will
also be different (ZMQ_QUEUE won't work with XREP/XREQ, I guess).  So
from a usability viewpoint it would be sensible to place these in a
separate pattern, e.g. asynchronous-service (AS), giving us:

* ZMQ_AS_CLIENT, ZMQ_AS_SERVER for sockets.

Thoughts?