[zeromq-dev] Blog: Building ZeroMQ and pyzmq on Red Hat

tradermbox-zmq at yahoo.com tradermbox-zmq at yahoo.com
Mon May 24 19:19:54 CEST 2010

thanks.

I finally managed to get it working under RHEL4: here is the summary of experience

first of all, I recommend installing the latest gcc,libtool and evolution26:
http://code.google.com/p/openpgm/wiki/OpenPgm2CReferenceBuildLibraryRhel4

then, we will need to repoint a lot of files:

this is a sample, of course will depends on the version you have upgraded to. Maybe a complete overkill...

export CC=gcc4
export CXX=g++4
export AUTOCONF=autoconf-2.63
export AUTOMAKE=automake-1.9
export ACLOCAL=aclocal-1.9
export AUTOHEADER=autoheader-2.63
export AUTORECONF=autoreconf-2.63
export AUTOM4TE=autom4te-2.63
export AUTOSCAN=autoscan-2.63
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/evolution28/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/evolution28/lib64/pkgconfig/:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH

to make 0MQ + PGM:
./autogen.sh
./configure.sh --with-pgm

adjustment to src/Makefile:
replace the libpgm_diff_flags setting with (gathered from <zeromq_dir>/foreign/openpgm/libpgm-2.1.26/openpgm/pgm/SConstruct.RHEL4)

libpgm_diff_flags = -D__need_IOV_MAX -DCONFIG_16BIT_CHECKSUM -DCONFIG_HAVE_PROC -DCONFIG_HAVE_BACKTRACE -DCONFIG_HAVE_PSELECT -DCONFIG_
HAVE_POLL -DCONFIG_HAVE_EPOLL -DCONFIG_HAVE_CLOCK_GETTIME -DCONFIG_HAVE_CLOCK_NANOSLEEP -DCONFIG_HAVE_NANOSLEEP -DCONFIG_HAVE_USLEEP -D
CONFIG_HAVE_RTC -DCONFIG_HAVE_TSC -DCONFIG_HAVE_GETIFADDRS -DCONFIG_HAVE_GETHOSTBYNAME2 -DCONFIG_HAVE_GETPROTOBYNAME_R -DCONFIG_HAVE_MC
AST_JOIN -DCONFIG_HAVE_IP_MREQN -DCONFIG_HAVE_DSO_VISIBILITY -DCONFIG_LIBSOUP22 -DCONFIG_BIND_INADDR_ANY -DCONFIG_GALOIS_MUL_LUT -DPGM_
GNUC_INTERNAL= -DGETTEXT_PACKAGE='"pgm"' -DG_LOG_DOMAIN='"Pgm"'

make
make install

to test:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/evolution28/lib64:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
and you can run the tests in perf/