[zeromq-dev] Blog: Building ZeroMQ and pyzmq on Red Hat

Steven McCoy steven.mccoy at miru.hk
Mon May 24 16:45:52 CEST 2010

It's an optional timing method for OpenPGM, you have to explicitly set it to
be used, there are a lot of different options and many are poor choices for
most users.

By default TSC and usleep are used, here are the alternatives, taken from,

http://code.google.com/p/openpgm/source/browse/branches/release-2-1/openpgm/pgm/time.c

CONFIG_HAVE_CLOCK_GETTIME

- clock_gettime()

CONFIG_HAVE_RTC

- the /dev/rtc device

CONFIG_HAVE_TSC

- Intel Time stamp counter

CONFIG_HAVE_HPET

- High Precision Event Timer, requires modern kernel and hardware.

CONFIG_HAVE_CLOCK_NANOSLEEP

- clock_nanosleep()

CONFIG_HAVE_NANOSLEEP

- nanosleep()

CONFIG_HAVE_PPOLL

- ppoll() for sleeping.

CONFIG_HAVE_USLEEP

- usleep()

CONFIG_HAVE_PSELECT

- pselect() for sleeping.

A full write up the timing devices is also available on the wiki,

http://code.google.com/p/openpgm/wiki/OpenPgmCReferenceRunWithTheseCapabilities

--
Steve-o