[zeromq-dev] identity bug

Serge Aleynikov serge at aleynikov.org
Mon May 24 14:07:07 CEST 2010

On 5/24/2010 7:54 AM, Martin Sustrik wrote:

> Currently the complain is realised using the assertion above. However,
> it should be made more user-friendly. Presumably, client should drop the
> connection, write a warning to the system log and try reconnecting
> again, just in case the XYZ gets online again.

At least it would be a much more consistent behavior with the exception
of writing a warning to a system log.

I don't think it's currently possible, but I'll ask anyway - in the
absence of callbacks, is there any way for 0MQ socket to receive
out-of-band error events?

Since 0MQ is a library, creating side effects such as writing something
to a log is not a very good idea - it's much better to provide some form
of control to the upper layer in terms of error handling.

Serge

P.S. BTW, you mentioned that you wrote something on callbacks to the
mailing list, could you point me to that email?  I couldn't find
anything meaningful when searched for
http://search.gmane.org/?query=callback&group=gmane.network.zeromq.devel