[zeromq-dev] memory pb

John Skyfox johnskyfox at hotmail.com
Fri May 21 22:11:04 CEST 2010

Hi all,
I am using ømq in a project (by the way I would like to thanks all of you working on this product, I think that it is really great). I have a problem with the pub/sub message queue. I have a publisherthat is sending message at a rate of 10-20 MB/s. I have several consumer but some of them can be slow. For slow consumer, the memory usage of the publisher can be very high an finally it crash. I have tried to suse high-watermark but I run into another problem. I am interesting in the newest message not the oldest. Is there a way to make the publisher drop the oldest message when the queue is full.I look the pub.cc and I found that when a pipe is full it goes into a stalled mode. Can I force a pipe that is stalled to remove (decrease the reference counter of a message) ?
>From what I've understand, ømq is using a lock free queue (only one thread is reading and 1 is writing): is there a way to send a message or a command that will for force the tail message to be read/removed ?
Thank in advance for any help--John