[zeromq-dev] zeromq Erlang client

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Sat May 15 15:19:30 CEST 2010

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 2:32 PM, Paweł Peregud <paulperegud at gmail.com> wrote:
> This question probably was asked few times before, but anyway:
>
> Is there an Erlang client to zeromq? If it is developed, what is the status
> and who is doing it? If not - is there a method to use zeromq from Erlang
> (e.g. via AMQP)?

As far as I know there is no Erlang client for 0MQ.  You won't be able
to go via AMQP, the correct approach is to wrap the 0MQ API with
native code, see http://www.zeromq.org/guidelines:bindings.

I've no idea how one wraps C/C++ in Erlang but assuming that's doable,
the 0MQ API is really simple and building a language binding should be
a matter of a day or so of effort.