[zeromq-dev] OpenPGM on windows

Robin Weisberg robin at scout-trading.com
Fri May 14 17:25:00 CEST 2010

Great, thanks!

From: zeromq-dev-bounces at lists.zeromq.org [mailto:zeromq-dev-bounces at lists.zeromq.org] On Behalf Of Steven McCoy
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2010 10:37 AM
To: 0MQ development list
Subject: Re: [zeromq-dev] OpenPGM on windows

On 14 May 2010 21:08, Robin Weisberg <robin at scout-trading.com<mailto:robin at scout-trading.com>> wrote:
Is there any reason I can't do a windows build myself? From various threads it seems there are some complications, so before I embark on the build journey I want to make sure I'm not wasting my time. Any particular versions of ZMQ/OpenPGM I should use?

I see directions on the openPGM site for building OpenPGM (wacky stuff!): http://code.google.com/p/openpgm/wiki/OpenPgm3CReferenceBuildLibraryLinuxMinGW

ZeroMQ currently builds off OpenPGM version 2, instructions here, it requires a few extra steps due a GLib dependency as the underlying framework,

http://code.google.com/p/openpgm/wiki/OpenPgm2CReferenceBuildLibraryLinuxMinGw

I think Pieter actually rolled back a few versions for the published binaries, however the current stable version is 2.1.26 which just hit the ZeroMQ GIT repository.

Native MSVC build is an outstanding project awaiting client funding.  64-bit MinGW cross compiling already uses a C89 wrapper which leads most of the work already as MSVC10 fails to support C99.

--
Steve-o