[zeromq-dev] OpenPGM on windows

Steven McCoy steven.mccoy at miru.hk
Fri May 14 16:36:53 CEST 2010

On 14 May 2010 21:08, Robin Weisberg <robin at scout-trading.com> wrote:

> Is there any reason I can't do a windows build myself? From various threads
> it seems there are some complications, so before I embark on the build
> journey I want to make sure I'm not wasting my time. Any particular versions
> of ZMQ/OpenPGM I should use?
>
> I see directions on the openPGM site for building OpenPGM (wacky stuff!):
> http://code.google.com/p/openpgm/wiki/OpenPgm3CReferenceBuildLibraryLinuxMinGW

ZeroMQ currently builds off OpenPGM version 2, instructions here, it
requires a few extra steps due a GLib dependency as the underlying
framework,

http://code.google.com/p/openpgm/wiki/OpenPgm2CReferenceBuildLibraryLinuxMinGw

I think Pieter actually rolled back a few versions for the published
binaries, however the current stable version is 2.1.26 which just hit the
ZeroMQ GIT repository.

Native MSVC build is an outstanding project awaiting client funding.  64-bit
MinGW cross compiling already uses a C89 wrapper which leads most of the
work already as MSVC10 fails to support C99.

--
Steve-o