[zeromq-dev] Subscribing in JAVA api

Robin Weisberg robin at scout-trading.com
Wed May 12 14:23:42 CEST 2010

But what if the C applications were publishing on 2 topics "animals.mammals\0" and "animals.mammals.kitty\0" and I wanted ONLY the ones on "animals.mammals\0"? I would have to change all the existing c++ listeners and publishers to use a different delimeter e.g. "animals.mammals|" and "animals.mammals.kitty|" because the java api doesn't handle specifying "\0" right?

Looking at the JNI api I see a there are methods like GetStringUTFLength.

Instead of
 int rc = zmq_setsockopt (s, option, value, strlen (value));
maybe do
int rc = zmq_setsockopt (s, option, value, env->GetStringUTFChars (optval, NULL));

And then you can subscribe using "animals.mammals\u0000" in the java code?

I'm happy to try this out if we agree it's a better approach.

Robin