[zeromq-dev] OpenPGM & segfault - assertion failed

Steven McCoy steven.mccoy at miru.hk
Wed May 12 03:34:37 CEST 2010

On 11 May 2010 23:03, Martin Sustrik <sustrik at 250bpm.com> wrote:

> > I wonder, if using "epgm://224.0.0.1:5555" to connect (as i do) instead
> > of "epgm://eth0;224.0.0.1:5555" could be a reason of these crashs ?
>
> No idea. Steven, is not supplying the interface OK?

On hosts with only one interface it should be fine, if it picks the wrong
interface it just means that recovery cannot occur.

>  > I'm using it, because the second one (with interface name), generate an
> > assertion fail on my node :
> > "Assertion failed: false (pgm_socket.cpp:130)"
> > This because pgm return an error EAGAIN (if i don't make mistake).
>
> That's checking the result of pgm_if_get_transport_info(). I wonder what
> EAGAIN means in this context. Steven, any pointers?

Predominately it would be the DNS subsystem returning a transient error
trying to resolve "eth0".  If you dump the GError object the string inside
should tell you the precise cause.

--
Steve-o