[zeromq-dev] [ANN] FFI bindings for Ruby

Chuck Remes cremes.devlist at mac.com
Fri May 7 00:19:40 CEST 2010

I really wanted to play with ZeroMQ under JRuby (native threads, no GIL), so I took a few hours today to whip up these FFI bindings.

http://github.com/chuckremes/ffi-rzmq

I have tested the code against the example scripts provided with the official ruby bindings and it works. I haven't built it as a gem yet, so the install instructions are a bit premature. If you know what you are doing you can probably figure it out pretty quickly.

Performance is good but not great. Depending on message size, FFI overhead is around 10%.

cr