[zeromq-dev] Assertion failed: false (p2p.cpp)

jonathan morabito jonathan.morabito at gmail.com
Thu May 6 19:14:37 CEST 2010

Hello:

I wrote up a simple test app in which i create a context, create a socket of
type ZMQ_P2P, bind it to an interface, and then attempt to call recv
(blocking).  When I arrive at the receive, I get:

Assertion failed: false (p2p.cpp:83)
Aborted

Additionally, in my other executable that creates a context, creates a
socket of type ZMQ_P2P, connects it, then attempts to send yields the
following during send:

Assertion failed: false (p2p.cpp:39)
Aborted

Any ideas of what would cause these?  I looked at these lines and they are
"zmq_assert (false);"

Thanks!
~Jonathan