[zeromq-dev] jzmq UnsatisfiedLinkError on construct -- OSX Leopard

anand krishnamurthy anandkris78 at gmail.com
Tue May 4 19:12:55 CEST 2010

Hi,

 I am running the java bindings example code (publisher). I have the
-Djava.library.path=/usr/local/lib , and I print the
System.getProperty("java.library.path"). It matches up and I know the
libjzmq.dylib are in this directory. To me it looks like its able to load
the jzmq library but failing on a dependent library.

Here is the error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: construct

at org.zeromq.ZMQ$Context.construct(Native Method)

at org.zeromq.ZMQ$Context.<init>(ZMQ.java:115)

at org.zeromq.ZMQ.context(ZMQ.java:67)

at ZeroMQPublisherClient.main(ZeroMQPublisherClient.java:12)

Here is the code snippet:

        ZMQ.Context ctx = ZMQ.context(1, 1, 0);

        ZMQ.Socket s = ctx.socket(ZMQ.PUB);

        s.bind ("tcp://lo:5555");

        for (long msg_id = 1; ; msg_id++) {

            byte msg [] = new byte [8];

            ByteBuffer bb = ByteBuffer.wrap (msg);

            bb.putLong (msg_id);

            s.send (msg, 0);

        }

I saw an archived thread on a similar issue, but I dint get any
solutions/conclusions from it.

thanks

Andy