[zeromq-dev] Windows and PGM

Brian Granger ellisonbg at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 18:03:45 CET 2010

Teddy,

> 2) The easiest step for me is to try 0MQ with Python.
>
> I was playing with the chat example:
>
> python display.py tcp://127.0.0.1:5555
>
> python prompt.py tcp://127.0.0.1:5555 test

A third piece is required for the chat example:

* You need to run the forwarder device on port 5555 that comes with
0MQ.  If you look at the code in display.py/prompt.py connect to port
5555.  The forwarder is the one that binds and listens on 5555

OR

* You can change display.py to bind rather than connect on port 5555.
This is sufficient for a single user chat demo.

Let me know if you run into trouble.  One of the things on our todo
list is to build a simple chat forwarder in python that we can ship in
the examples/chat directory to it is a self contained example.

> The thing is that the display doesn´t receive anything. No error is
> displayed and the display can’t be interrupted with Ctrl-C (seem to be the
> well known problem with Python and recv).

For now ctrl-\ should work.

Cheers,

Brian

--