[zeromq-dev] Load balancing REQ/REP sockets

Brian Granger ellisonbg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 18:23:12 CET 2010

Martin,

I have done some further testing with simple ZMQ_HWM on P2P sockets.

* I am using a pair of P2P sockets, both with HWM=LWM=2.
* No matter what sequence of sends/recv I do, messages are always sent
immediately (I see this on wireshark).
* I put in debug statements into pipe.cpp.  I can see the various
calls that are managing hwm/lwm so I know something is happening.  I
dont' yet understand the reader_t/writer_t logic in pipe.cpp or the
desired behavior enough to really debug this.

Cheers,

Brian

bgranger at calpoly.edu
ellisonbg at gmail.com