[zeromq-dev] Socket connect status

Brian Granger ellisonbg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 19:34:23 CET 2010

Martin,

> Ok. Fair enough. I believe more people are struggling with the same
> problem. What about writing a simple sync API implementation?
>
> s = zmq_sync_socket (ZMQ_SUB, "tcp://localhost:5555");
> zmq_sync_send (s, &msg);
> zmq_sync_recv (s, &msg);
>
> The implementation would be pretty trivial. The only thing needed is to
> prepend frame header to each message sent and remove the frame header
> from each message received. For desctiption of the wire format, have a
> look here:
>
> http://api.zeromq.org/zmq_tcp.html

I have thought about implementing something like this in the Python
bindings using Python's builtin socket library, but having it in 0MQ
itself would be nice.  Having a pure Python version would enable
people to use 0MQ in situations where they can't or don't want to
install libzmq.  For some Python users, it is critical for them to
have pure python (no compiled code).

Cheers,

Brian

--