[zeromq-dev] zmq_req / zmq_rep topology

jonathan morabito jonathan.morabito at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 22:32:25 CET 2010

Hello,

I intend to create a fairly complex networking topology using zmq_rep and
zmq_req sockets.  I have a couple questions:

1.  When using IPC as the transport method, after binding a zmq_rep socket
to an IPC pathname, can I have multiple zmq_req sockets connect to that same
pathname and expect replies to be routed correctly by ZMQ?  (Are you using
ports to identify to whom replies should be sent?)

2.  I believe I need zmq_queue for my topology as well.  I noticed in the
manual that it has no documentation (all fields are "to be written").  If it
is incomplete, are there any updates on when it will be released?  If it's
finished, but simply doesn't have a manual page yet, are there any examples
of its usage out there that I could check out?

Thanks!
Jonathan