[zeromq-dev] Non-contiguous message thoughts

Martin Sustrik sustrik at 250bpm.com
Fri Mar 5 15:18:56 CET 2010

Michael Santy wrote:

>> If you run such a test, please, post the results. It would be extremely
>> valuable.
>
> Is there any particular aspect to the problem that you think would be
> valuable to the 0MQ developers?  If so, I'll try to design my test to show
> that aspect.

What would be really valueable would be seeing impact of copy on _large_
messages. We've run the tests for messages up to 1MB long and concluded
that there's no real difference. Thus it would be interesting to run the
test with/without copying for messages 1, 2, 4, 8, ..., 256MB long and
check the impact on latency.

This is espacially interesting as you are running on IB... is that SDP
or what?