[zeromq-dev] Language binding guidelines

Vitaly Mayatskikh v.mayatskih at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 10:41:31 CET 2010

At Tue, 02 Mar 2010 10:34:31 +0100, Martin Sustrik wrote:

> There was a good point raised by Martin Lucina yesterday, namely that
> all the unctions mimic the names used by C API, meaning that developer
> in whatever language can check C API documentation (man pages) with
> ease.

Lots of languages provides documentation strings mechanism for
functions/macros/etc. This doc is available immediately in REPL or
even in IDE. At least, Common Lisp and Python does so.

I'd suggest to return documentation back to bindings when API/Docs
become almost stable. This is very convenient to see short help while
you type the code :)
--
wbr, Vitaly