[zeromq-dev] publisher side filtering

ernie elukie at comcast.net
Wed Jun 30 13:59:04 CEST 2010

Hi Pieter,

> ZeroMQ does not directly support this, you would build it as an
> application on top, defining your own protocol to connect clients and
> server.

Yes.  I have the protocol defined.  I just can not figure out what type
of ZeroMQ pattern I can use to accomplish this.  Pub/sub doesn't work.
REQ/REP isn't what I want because there is no immediate reply to the client.

With a 'regular' socket, I'd listen on a port, accept new connections
and have a new socket to link with a message client.  ZeroMQ handles all
this for me and the message based transport which is great.  But, I'm
still at a loss for how I can accomplish this.  Maybe I need to use the
PAIR pattern, but can I have multiple clients connect to the same port?
  I'm not sure how to identify the message with a client because all I
have is the message.

Dan