[zeromq-dev] publisher side filtering

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Wed Jun 30 09:30:41 CEST 2010

Hi Ernie,

ZeroMQ does not directly support this, you would build it as an
application on top, defining your own protocol to connect clients and
server.

I'm designing something that looks a bit like this, with peer-to-peer
message flow, and rough-grained security based on "streams" of data
rather than a topic tree.  It needs to work over multicast, meaning
that you can't apply access controls at the server side.

-Pieter